Go Back   UltraGuest Forum > UltraGuest Forums > Guestbook Support

Old 08-03-2007, 01:06 AM   #1
ezeekay

Unhappy Can't access my guestbook control panel

I am a new user of UltraGuest (joined in first week of July). I was able to log into my account several times, while learning the ropes. Now that I have received my first comment--which I want to delete--I can no longer access my control panel. The login page claims I'm using the wrong password...which I know is not true. So I clicked on "lost password" link...and the password sent me was indeed the one I've been using all along. Tried to log in today, still no longer. My password IS correct...so can you help me with this?
ezeekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:44 AM   #2
Andreas
UltraGuest Admin

Default Re: Can't access my guestbook control panel

The login system seems to be working. I'm able to login to your Control Panel, but your password is very difficult. Any way that CaPs LoCk could be the issue?
Andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:03 PM   #3
ezeekay

Unhappy Re: Can't access my guestbook control panel

<< The login system seems to be working. I'm able to login to your Control Panel, but your password is very difficult. Any way that CaPs LoCk could be the issue? >>

I tried again...still can't log in. Password "difficult"? It's 9 digits long with a mixture of numbers and letters. Since my browser saves passwords, I only need to type it in once...or simply copy/paste it from a text file where I back up all my passwords, in case the browser fails. As for capslock: no, that is not an issue.

If I can't log in, I can't log in. Yet you can? Very peculiar, not to mention frustrating.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:05 PM   #4
ezeekay

Smile Re: Can't access my guestbook control panel

Well, it works now! I had to type in the password, rather than use my browser. Re-saved it to my browser, and now that works. Strange thing is: the password in my browser was correct all along...and I even made sure there was no invisible character (such as "spacebar") getting in the way.

Also: same password worked during the first week I became a member. Strange situation, but at least I can once more log onto my guestbook. Thanks for giving it a try.

P.S.: When I log into the forum before posting, I get a "you are not logged in" when I try to post. A new log-in form then allows me to log in once more...and then (and only then) can I successfully post. Just thought I'd let you know.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:25 PM   #5
Andreas
UltraGuest Admin

Default Re: Can't access my guestbook control panel

Ok, let me know if the control panel or forum login issues persist. I´ve checked usual problems (cookie paths, session storage etc.) and everything seems to be working...
Old 08-07-2007, 12:43 AM   #6
ezeekay

Unhappy Please delete my account

Once more, I cannot access my guestbook account. I needed to delete another entry, because it was an ad. Even if I type in my password, it still won't work. Nothing works.

I like the clean design of your guestbook service, as well as the security of keying in a code in order to post a comment. Unfortunately, I do not have the time to work out this annoying glitch...too much of a nuisance for just a guestbook.

Feel free to delete my guestbook entirely. I'm searching for another service that actually works okay.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:22 AM   #7
Andreas
UltraGuest Admin

Default Re: Please delete my account

I´m sorry for the troubles you are experiencing, however, since 22 000 other people are not having this problem, and given the fact that you had issues with your browser storing/entering the wrong password last time, it seems possible that the issue may be on your side (this is a very polite way of me saying that the issue is on your side ).

If you would like me to help you troubleshoot this issue, please let me know and I will be more than happy to do so. (I can send you a temporary login link which with 99% probability will let you login with with no problems.) Otherwise, your guestbook will automatically be deleted after an extended period of inactivity (usually a few years).