PDA

View Full Version : filtering entries??

RJT
10-14-2007, 10:55 AM
There are no inappropriate words being used in a posting but yet, still getting the annoying "one or more inappropriate words...etc, etc." and will not allow guests to post a message. HOW DO I JUST TURN OFF THE FILTERING ???? I have control of what is posted and can delete them if they are offensive but this is VERY annoying---please advise! thank you!

Andreas
11-22-2007, 03:33 AM
Can you please send me an example of a message that is being filtered and I'll see if I can make some changes.

Due to spam problems, only upgraded guestbooks (http://www.ultraguest.com/display/remove_ads) may turn of the filtering completely.

electric juice
01-21-2008, 10:29 PM
I am having the same time. I haven't even used my guestbook yet -- I tried to post a test entry and was told my email has an inappropriate word in it and is unable to submit the request, even though there are not inappropriate words in my email. I would like to turn off this feature as well and offer my guests the option of using inappropriate words. I can delete anything I deem offensive myself.

If this feature can't be disabled, I will no longer use this website.

Andreas
01-22-2008, 02:36 AM
I apologize for the problems with your e-mail. This has been fixed now.

If you are having problems with content being blocked, please let me know and I'll see if I can tune the filter. I do need to know what content is being blocked. Due to spam issues free guestbooks will not be able to remove the filter completely as it would take two tech's full time jobs to manually remove content.

I hope that you will still use this guestbook service, otherwise I'd be happy to suggest other solutions for you (hosted and scripts, depending on your needs).