PDA

View Full Version : GoogleAds???

Rudi
06-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Hello Andreas,
Hope this mail finds you well. Before I make my 'complaint' I would like first to Thank you all your hard work and providing Us with a free guestbook...

:confused: Now I would like to know when you implemented the googleads? I'm not happy, especially because you never informed me that you were going to do so... I signed up with UltraGuest over all others because it was free of subliminal advertising... I don't like it one bit! No way siree!!! :(

I've advocated your service to many others and now you've turned the tables on me... I personally would like them removed. I know you have to make some bucks, I understand that truly I do, but I think you should give users the option of not having the banners, even if it means paying for it! And I can't find that option anywhere. I don't want to sound ungrateful, but it ruins the flow of my site. And it hurts more because of the way I found out, really!

Like I said Thank You! but please... No thanks to the banners!!! :eek:

Rudi

Andreas
06-23-2006, 04:38 PM
Hi Rudi,

I'm sorry about the banners. I really am! However, after running UltraGuest without ads for almost two years I have spent several thousand dollars out of my own pocket on this service. For a little while that was okay, but in the long run that is really not sustainable. While I have no plans of making lots of money on this service (or even get back the money I have spent) I really would like to see some of my monthly costs covered in the future.

UltraGuest used to be ad-supported but since I was unable to keep my word regarding an upgrade (http://forum.ultraguest.com/showthread.php?t=114) I decided to remove the banners (http://forum.ultraguest.com/showthread.php?t=115) until the new features were in place (which happened in December last year).

Now I had three options:
Continue running the guestbook-service without advertisement and use even more of my personal funds
Continue the service as before, but include advertisement in order to lower my costs
Shut down the service and save moneyObviously, #3 was not an option, #1 was too expensive and I was left with #2 which is what I chose (I tried donations for 6 months without a single donation being made, by the way!).

I'm sorry that I did not make any forum announcements before the advertisement returned.

Now, there is a way of removing the banners, but that is at a yearly cost :rolleyes:. I have added this page where there is some more information:

http://www.ultraguest.com/display/remove_ads

I hope that you will continue to use the service, but of course I understand if the banners are too annoying.

Best regards,
Andreas
UltraGuest.com

Rudi
06-23-2006, 05:33 PM
Thanks Andreas!

Like I said I do understand, I just really wanted some warning and some options! It was a shock though, believe me! I will continue to use UltraGuest, it has always been good (to and) for me and I will be getting rid of those banners asap... There soooO ugly! Yuk!!!

Thanks again for all the time effort and money you've invested so far... At the risk of sounding out-of-order though, I think the cost is a little high... errm... $12USD per year sounds a little better and keep the UltraGuest footer! I do not mind promoting you and yours! Have a think about it SweetPea! :D

Anyways, have a good night/ day (not sure what time frame your on) and keep doing what your doing! Cheers mate.

From a struggling artist to You!

Kia
06-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Agree price is too high~ Thanks Andreas!

Like I said I do understand, I just really wanted some warning and some options! It was a shock though, believe me! I will continue to use UltraGuest, it has always been good (to and) for me and I will be getting rid of those banners asap... There soooO ugly! Yuk!!!

Thanks again for all the time effort and money you've invested so far... At the risk of sounding out-of-order though, I think the cost is a little high... errm... $12USD per year sounds a little better and keep the UltraGuest footer! I do not mind promoting you and yours! Have a think about it SweetPea! :D

Anyways, have a good night/ day (not sure what time frame your on) and keep doing what your doing! Cheers mate.

From a struggling artist to You!

RJT
01-27-2007, 06:37 AM
Guess I'm Confused Over Here? I Just Signed Up Last Night...i Paid The 19.99 To Be Add Free, Is This Not The Case???

Andreas
01-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Guess I'm Confused Over Here? I Just Signed Up Last Night...i Paid The 19.99 To Be Add Free, Is This Not The Case???

RJT: Please see support ticket KHW-374798 (http://www.ultraguest.com/support) with solutions to your inquiry.

Best regards,
Andreas
UltraGuest.com