PDA

View Full Version : Transfer old messages to new guestbook

webguytx
12-22-2005, 10:33 AM
Hello,

I was using a basic asp guestbook on my website. I changed to Ultraguest, because of spam problems. The entries are in a text file. I am attaching the text file.

reply to : [email protected] please

webguy

Andreas
12-28-2005, 06:49 AM
Hi,

I'm looking into ways to automatically upload/transfer messages from other guestbook services, but this feature is not yet available.

You may consider adding the messages manually.

corryzahn
01-27-2006, 10:57 PM
Hi,

I'm looking into ways to automatically upload/transfer messages from other guestbook services, but this feature is not yet available.

You may consider adding the messages manually.

I have started to do this, but the first day, it only let me enter about 20 messages, then told me I had reached the max for the day. Today I figured I would enter 20 more, but it won't let me make more than 1 entry every few minutes... This is awesome for the prevention of spam... not so awesome if I am trying to make a bunch of manual entries from my old guestbook...

Is there anything that can be done?

corryzahn
02-04-2006, 05:25 PM
is there any suggestions from anyone? I have also submitted a HELP ticket and have gotten no response from that either...

Andreas
02-21-2006, 04:53 PM
Sorry for the late response. There is no way of removing this spam protection now, however, if you disable cookies in your browser you can add messages more frequently.