PDA

View Full Version : Some suggestions here

Key
12-09-2005, 10:32 PM
Erm, can I make a suggestion? In the guestbook settings 'design and layout', I was thinking, wouldn't it be better to give an opportunity to people if they want to change or re-edit the guestbook message? Example like (adding extras):
Name:
Your URL:
Where do you find this site:
Instead of the default settings:
Name:
Email:

I've seen other guestbook sites that gives people to change or not to change the guestbook message.

One more suggestion, it would be better if there's an option to disable the private message in the guestbook options.

Andreas
12-10-2005, 08:37 AM
Hello and thanks for your suggestions! :)

All of these features are on my to-do list. Ability to edit messages should be ready tomorrow whereas the other features are a little further away.

everyrock
12-10-2005, 01:29 PM
One more suggestion, it would be better if there's an option to disable the private message in the guestbook options.

... or the guest book owner to have an ability to change the entries from public to private and vice versa. I think that will be better.:)

capnbirdseye
10-21-2006, 02:52 PM
Yes, a disable private message option is needed, I had one lady email me to say she had signed the book but didn't realise that 'private' meant no-one else could read it! The whole point of the guestbook is to allow others to see comments about your site & if someone posted so that no-one else can read it then I'd rather they didn't bother:(

capnbirdseye
10-21-2006, 02:55 PM
... or the guest book owner to have an ability to change the entries from public to private and vice versa. I think that will be better.:)

you can do that already - just select 'edit' on the post in question :& enable public view :D :p

belleislebay
11-05-2006, 11:21 AM
On my site, there are two advertisement links. One is for local obituaries, and the other is for sperm bank. Are there no other sponsors than this? Like online classifieds, or something a little more commonplace for "family viewing".