PDA

View Full Version : Nothing Working For Me On The Header Editor

Shamantic
12-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Hi -
I was wanting to use the <> to get my header back to what it was before your upgrade, and found out I couldn't click on anything on that screen - font, color, etcetera. I wanted to reenter what I had because I found the header in my guestbook had shifted to the side today. I don't really want to change the content, just center it, but I cannot seem to do anything there.

I had successfully put in a background of stars and the background is still there, and if I edit (if I can get that to work) is there a way to put my star background back in? I added that background using some CSS code suggested in this forum and it worked, and it really makes the guestbook special.

It is great to have so many features, yet I am a bit lost. I have asked for help a couple of times before in this forum (about other matters) and I must have offended you because I checked for a reply for days and didn't see one - or maybe I was looking in the wrong place. I cannot figure out how to proceed here, though, so I am looking for your assistance. Thanks.
~ Elizabeth (Shamantic)

Shamantic
12-07-2005, 02:02 PM
Hi Again -

I am replying to myself! I went back to IE from Opera or Mozilla and the editor worked there, so I added the align=center codes and it is ok now. It took me a while to consider going back to IE. If I need to edit, I can always open an IE window. Everything looks great.

Blessings -
~ Elizabeth (Shamantic)

Andreas
12-07-2005, 08:16 PM
Hi Elizabeth,

Guestbook Header
Only Internet Explorer 5.5+ and Firefox supports the "advanced" editor for the guestbook header. You may still edit the header using any modern browser, but you need to know HTML in order to do that.

Background Image
It appears that the update broke the customized guestbook background. I'll add this as a new feature within a few hours, but this will require you to go to the Control Panel and enter the address of your image there. I'll post an announcement when this feature is ready.

Your comments about the support
Please understand that this is a free service and that response time to support inquiries will vary. Both your previous support inquiries were answered within two days, but when I go on vacation you might not get an answer for weeks. And that is not because you have "offended" me in any way, but because I won't bring my computer when I go hicking in the mountains (where there is no internet access anyway). ;)

Andreas
12-08-2005, 06:41 AM
You should now be able to use a background image. In the Control Panel click on "Design and Layout" and at the end of the page you may enter a URL (web address) such as http://www.ultraguest.com/images/bg.gif (the background image on this forum and on the UltraGuest.com frontpage).