PDA

View Full Version : New features

Andreas
12-07-2005, 03:09 AM
UltraGuest will be upgraded in a few minuttes in order to add new features:

Guestbook Appearance
ability to change the colors of the message box: background color, text color, border color
ability to change font type and font size for all text displayed in the guestbook
private messages no longer display any information in public (previously only the message was hidden)
guestbook is now almost entirely based on CSS in preparation for future improvements
aligning problem in firefox has been fixedControl Panel
see "live" how color changes alters your guestbook look
easier to change password and email
new WYSIWYG editor that works in both IE and Firefox
ability to delete guestbook (not intended for actual use :))If you experience any problems with your guestbook as a result of these changes, please reply to this post or open a support ticket (http://www.ultraguest.com/support).

Andreas
12-07-2005, 04:43 AM
Everything seems to be working after the upgrade.

The upgrade took about 10 minuttes during which time no guestbook were available.

Since we are now using CSS instead of the old <font> tags, your guestbooks may appear a little different than before. Previously, you were stuck with the default font size and style. Now, however, you are free to change this yourself and here is how:

Login to the Control Panel using your email and password
Under "Guestbook Settings" click on "Design and Layout"
By changing the Font Family and Font Size you may alter the text size/style.

Andreas
12-07-2005, 05:06 AM
A CSS bug causing text to appear too large has been fixed (thanks Bart!).

Rudi
12-07-2005, 06:19 AM
Thank you Andreas!

Makes it much easier to change the settings now, rather than the CSS... although your update knocked out my coding... Oh well, good riddance!

Just a thought though, there is no link to edit message... only delete message and guestbook...? Please clarify which one to use for editing posts...

Thanks again! :)

Andreas
12-07-2005, 06:33 AM
It is only possible to delete messages right now.

Andreas
12-07-2005, 08:52 AM
Bugfix: Messages are now displayed correctly in the Control Panel (thanks to Jose for reporting this error).

Christine
12-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Excuse me but I don't speak and write english language as well as I want !

I want to thank you for your website.
The update of Guestbook is really well!
Thank you very much for this marvellous tool placed at our disposal.
:)

Andreas
12-07-2005, 08:25 PM
I think you english is quite good! And thanks for the comments! :)

proticamp
12-08-2005, 11:16 AM
The update is excellent!!!:) The verification code prevents spamers, the header and layout editing is perfect and -mainly- user friendly, this is the BEST free guestbook service I have ever try!!! Also there are NO ADS!!! There is no need to know programming, just connect to Ultraguest and create a fine guestbook in seconds!!!
THANK YOUUUUUU!!!!!! :) :) :o

everyrock
12-10-2005, 01:34 PM
Thanks, Andreas, for the effort!!!