PDA

View Full Version : Regular Spammer - Maximum Amount Every Time

Shamantic
11-21-2005, 10:42 AM
Andreas,

I love this Guest Book yet I have to remove great numbers of long spam entries every other day or so. Someone is using it to post massive numbers of URLs even though they are not links. It looks like it might be posting data for someone to cut and paste and review, but that is just a guess. It is 15 posts from the same place each time it occures. Then I get the spam with no flag, and other more usual spam entries, but that is only now and then. Maybe a word-recognition test for entries would help, and I noticed in an earlier post you said this is on the way. Right now, I am keeping a window open on the guestbook so I can delete the spam sooner than later. If there is a 15 entry/day maximum, does that mean no one else can post if this spammer takes up all the room?

Blessings,
~ Elizabeth

Andreas
11-23-2005, 12:19 AM
Dear Elizabeth,

I will add a simple captcah (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captcha) to the guestbook system within 24 hours. A captcha is an image that contains letters and/or numbers that the user must enter to verify that he/she is a real person. It is possible for spammers to break the captcah, and of course the spammer can enter the captcha code manually, but it will at least make it a little more difficult for now.

This feature will be optional from the members area, and it will be enabled by default.

Best regards,
Andreas
UltraGuest.com