PDA

View Full Version : Private messages

Andreas
12-06-2003, 09:35 AM
Greetings,

The slightly edited message bellow was sent to me by e-mail. Since this is a free service e-mail support is not provided, but everyone posting messages in this support forum will get help. In this way more people can benefit from solutions to common errors.

Problem:
I tried to fill up a guestbook and chose private option but it shows the entry as normal.

Please check at the below mentioned url, try signing the guestbook a a private message and click enter, you can see the message showing..as not private but general!

http://www.ultraguest.com/?id=1041779607

Solution:
When someone creates a private message, their name, location and a timestamp will still be shown in the public part of the guestbook. Only the actual message is being hidden. This will probably change in future updates the system.

If I understand you correctly, you created a private message and the message was still displayed in the public part of the guestbook. I have tried to replicate this error but all my messages have been posted as private. Please check the attached images where I have shown exactly what I did when signing the guestbook with a private message.

I hope this helps! :)