PDA

View Full Version : E-mail

Assyrian
04-22-2005, 06:26 AM
Hi!
I like your guestbook but i wonder.
why are the E-mail address hidden for public view? Is it a option I have to change or what ?

Andreas
04-29-2005, 04:24 AM
Hi,

E-mails are visible to the guestbook owner from the members area only because of spammers. There is currently no option to make emails public.

Hebertsite
05-13-2005, 09:35 AM
I think it would be good to have the option to show emails or keep them hidden. No one would have to leave their email if they didn't want to. But I have people who will purposely post their email address b/c they want someone to contact them by email, but no one can see the address but me! :cool:

Rudi
05-13-2005, 10:50 AM
To me it's funny that you ask to show the emails in the guestbook header, because I always check previous entries to see if I can see their email address before deciding whether or not I will enter mine! I don't like the idea of not being in control of who has access to my email address. That's like leaving the keys to your house on the bus with your address as well... It just invites trouble! Don't you think? :rolleyes:

ps: "Break a Leg" tonight Herbert, I hope your show goes well! See where there's a will there's a way! If your veiwers want to leave their email let them post it themselves within the message... We as webmasters shouldn't be in control of their security, only OURS! (me-thinks...) :eek:

Hebertsite
05-14-2005, 10:58 PM
I just think it's pointless to have a field for the Email Address, then not show it. It's misleading to posters. It should at least say in parentheses that it won't show up in the live guestbook. It's not required to leave it, so if anyone choose to, they are fully aware that spammers can get it. I've gotten numberous complaints - well, not so much complaints - but inquiries as to why there is a field for the email address if it doesn't show.