PDA

View Full Version : Entries Counter & Order of Entries

Mitch
04-12-2005, 06:08 AM
Hi. I think that at the top of the guestbook, it should say how many entries there are in the guestbook. I know when you log in, you can see this, but for the guestbook I have created, I want the public to know how many people have made an entry. You can have a look at my site to see what I mean. http://www.stopbonsaikitten.tk There is a link there to my guestbook.

Also, we should be able to choose if we want to display entries in the order they were entered. For example, the first entry is shown first, the second entry is shown second etc. Thanks!

04-13-2005, 10:40 PM
Hi, Mitch,

I have had our guest book for a couple of months now. The greatest problem I can see, no matter how it is set up, is that people do not sign it. They just seem to ignore it completely. However, when I consider my own behavior regarding guest books, I find I usually ignore them as well...unless there is a wonderful reason to sign like something terrific or different on the site.

What is your experience, and do you have any ideas how to get more people to sign? I would also like to get our logo in the upper left corner instead of in the middle, but I don't know how to do it. At least it is there. Take care.

Mitch
04-15-2005, 09:58 PM
Hi.

The way I got people to sign my guestbook was create it and then tell a friend about it. He signed it and got a few friends to sign it. Also, I made an email about my site and the guestbook and sent it to my sister's friends, who are some of the biggest loudmouths I know. They forwarded it on. The email was going around everywhere and more people looked at my guestbook, although only 6 people signed it.

That's all I can help you with. As for the other questions, I wouldn't know what to do. Sorry.

Hope I helped a bit. Try the email thing and you might get people looking at your guestbook.