PDA

View Full Version : Re users making guestbook entries 'Private'

andyw
03-07-2005, 05:30 PM
Please can we have an option for the guestbook owner to be able to either not have the option at all or at least choose to make message 'not private'

People keep checking the option but there is clearly no reason why their message should be private! They are obviously misunderstanding what the option does.

Thanks
Andy

www.sv1000.inuk.com

andyw
03-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Just a couple of other observations while I wait for an answer to my question above..................

Been using the 'View random Guestbook' link out of curiosity - would it be worth weeding out all the rather old and unused Guestbooks?

Maybe instead of the 'random' link a list of all Guestbooks would be better?

Cheers again
Andy

www.sv1000.inuk.com ..............call in and try out my new guestbook :D

Andreas
03-09-2005, 04:22 AM
Sorry for the delayed response...

I totally agree with both your suggestions here. While I am unable to give you a deadline for new features I can assure you that guestbook owners will be able toggle messages private/public at their own discretion together with many other options.

If you take a quick look at http://dev.utlraguest.com the random function only displays guestbooks with more than a certain number of entries.

Thanks for you input! :)

jean
05-11-2005, 04:11 AM
I can assure you that guestbook owners will be able toggle messages private/public at their own discretion together with many other options.

Where to edit this setting? I can't see it.. please help me. :( :confused:

Andreas
05-11-2005, 12:36 PM
Hi,

This feature is not available at the time and I am unfortunately not able to tell you when it will be ready.

jean
05-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Hi,

This feature is not available at the time and I am unfortunately not able to tell you when it will be ready.

If that's the case, could you kindly help me to change the private message to public manually? Appreciate very much.

Andreas
05-12-2005, 03:48 AM
Sure, I'll do that. Just let me know your guestbook URL and the message you want to make public.

jean
05-12-2005, 11:47 PM
Thanks! Appreciate it very very much. :cool:

The URL is http://www.ultraguest.com/?id=1115797775
There's only 1 msg there... :p
Anyway, in case if there are more when you check.
This, please change the msg from Joerg to public.

Once again, thank you!

P/S: After so many search, I finally decided to use your guestbook coz it's cool!! I like it so much. BTW, could you add 1 more field for visitors to leave down their website address? That would be great!

Keep up the good work!

Andreas
05-13-2005, 12:44 PM
Thanks! :)

I've made the entry public.

Regarding new features. "New fields" are definitely on the list, but I've not been able to keep up with previous deadlines so I can't promise when this feature will be ready. Thanks for the suggestion!

jean
05-16-2005, 12:12 AM
Thanks so much!! :)