PDA

View Full Version : Block IPs

Yasmin
01-31-2005, 03:02 AM
Hello! I have a problem with a person that leaves rude messages in our guestbook, calling us names, and it's a real hassle. Is there any way I can block her IP so she can't write anymore messages? I would be reeaally thankful if I could!

Andreas
01-31-2005, 04:59 AM
I'm sorry, but IP blocking is currently not available.

Yasmin
01-31-2005, 09:33 AM
Crap.. That's really too bad. For the last 5 minutes now, this person has written 3 messages. So I have no choice but to either leave it alone or delete the entries?

Andreas
02-01-2005, 05:14 PM
That's correct.

ibis
02-03-2005, 06:02 AM
I too would welcome a method of blocking malicious entries or at least the IP no of the entrant being visible to me in the control panel, so I could report abusive spammers to their Internet Provider.

Andreas
02-03-2005, 08:12 AM
IP blocking is on the way, and IP addresses are already available to the guestbook owner; login using your email address and password, click on "Edit Guestbook Entries" and hold your mouse over http://www.ultraguest.com/images/ip.gif to view the IP address.

Here is a movie that shows how to do this: http://www.ultraguest.com/docs/help/movies/viewip.htm

PissedOffUser
02-07-2005, 03:56 AM
hey not tryin to pick a fight or anyin like that but how long more do we have to wait til that new feature comes in that blockz IP addresses cuz right now i keep have to stop workin on my record/album cuz i have to come delete half a dozen rude hatin messages cuz 3 diffrent people i know of have no lifes and keep doin it...??? any news on it

Andreas
02-07-2005, 05:49 AM
I understand that this feature is in great demand :). However, I can only appologize for not being able to provide you with a deadline. (Keep in mind that you are using a free service without ads.)

PissedOffUser
02-08-2005, 06:56 PM
:cool: aite thatz kewl i know itz a free service a great one at that but it be better with that ;) hehehe well thanx for the update peace