PDA

View Full Version : How to "paste" guestbook to my website

Becky
09-28-2004, 07:02 PM
I have the guestbook from UltraGuest.com to add to my new website but I don't know how to that.
I see that I am suppose to copy and paste the URL/html, however, I don't know where to paste it to.

Andreas
09-29-2004, 05:45 AM
Hello,

You can copy and paste text by doing the following:

1) Select/highlight the text you want to copy.
2) Press "Ctrl-C" on your keyboard
3) Using you mouse, click where you want to paste the text
4) Press "Ctrl-V"
5) Done! :)

I am making some assumptions here, for intance that you are using a PC and not a Mac, but if this does not work or if I need to be more specific, please let me know!

Best regards,
Andreas Brynestad
UltraGuest.com

Becky
09-29-2004, 10:31 AM
;) Thank you Andreas for taking the time to answer my question.
You were most helpful and I now have successfully added the guestbook to my new website.

Becky

Jude
09-30-2004, 12:51 AM
I just downloaded your guestbook, and I used your suggestion to "Becky" on how to do it. However, the guestbook is NOT showing up in my site. I did republish. Why isn't it showing up, and what can I do? Thanks!

Andreas
09-30-2004, 02:42 AM
Hello,

Just to make sure I understand you correctly:
You signed up for a guestbook here at ultraguest.com. Then you used the HTML code given to you when you signed up and inserted it into a file which you then uploaded to the server where your homepage is. And you are unable to find a link on your homepage which links to your guestbook at ultraguest.com. Is that correct?

What is the link to your homepage?

Best regards,
Andreas Brynestad
UltraGuest.com

Jude
09-30-2004, 09:37 PM
Thanks for answering Andrea....... okay I know NOTHING about HTML and doing this sort of thing, so I don't understand what you said about "inserting the code you gave me into a file and uploading to a server"..... I thought all I had to do was follow the instructions in the reply you gave to Becky, and that's what I tried, nothing else.......can you help?
The link to my site is http://judlesblog.blogspot.com

I'd appreciate any help you can give me, thanks!

Jude

Jude
09-30-2004, 09:47 PM
Andrea, it's Jude again ~ I'm sorry, I gave you the wrong link! This is the correct one.......
http://deflep.blogspot.com

Thanks, Jude