PDA

View Full Version : Guestbook Problems

Andreas
09-15-2004, 03:50 AM
Hello everyone,

Over the past few days strange things have been happening with guestbooks here at ultraguest.com. At two instances, all guestbooks and logins changed to reflect a the data of a single guestbook.

I altered some coding two days ago and I was confident that this would guarantee that the problem could not occur again - only to wake up this morning discovering that all guestbooks have been changed once more.

I will be honest with you: I do not know the source of the problem. I am doing my best to figure out what is wrong, and I will let you know as soon as I do.

I have seen posts on this forum claiming that the ultraguest.com has been hacked. While I can not confirm or deny this, I personally believe that there is a bug somewhere in the sourcecode and that no external attempts at altering guestbooks has been made.

Again, sorry for the problems and thank you for your patience.

hoeve955
09-15-2004, 05:24 AM
;) It's an OK Guestbook - for free. Felt sorry for Jamaica guy right away. There's going to be a Paypal donation for you to keep this service free. Keep going the way you're doing. - Jon

Jonmark
09-15-2004, 11:20 AM
Thanks Andreas.
All is well with my Guestbook today. Thanks for the fix.
Now... can you do something about Ivan?

All the best to you.
Jonmark

Trina
11-15-2004, 09:34 PM
these where posted monthes ago but today my guestbook is skrewed up! is sombody working on this or should I start a new on and mimick my old entries?