PDA

View Full Version : new entry notification!!

badguy1986
07-24-2004, 03:00 PM
how do i know if anyone has signed my guest book??
can i get a email notification??

Andreas
07-25-2004, 03:37 PM
Hello,

Sorry about this. The weather has been way too nice this summer. Has been difficult to be inside and work on ultraguest.com. The feature is virtually ready, just a few lines of coding remaining. It will be ready in a few days. (Please not that you must verify your email account before this feature will show up in the members area once it has been implemented.)

Thanks for your patience and enjoy the summer meanwhile! :)

tommyf
09-30-2004, 02:59 PM
Is this feature ready?

macadocious40
02-22-2005, 11:49 AM
Is this feature ready? How can i use it if it is?

Andreas
02-23-2005, 04:32 AM
I'm sorry, but this feature is still not available.

JeffreyLloyd
03-14-2005, 09:15 PM
I'll send you a dollar if you add it ;)

Andreas
03-16-2005, 11:50 AM
You got yourself a deal! :)

Rudi
05-09-2005, 05:30 AM
Hey Andreas,

Firstly thanks for a gr8 guestbook! I was just wondering when the email notifications are coming? Summer is coming again and I wouldn't want you to be stuck inside when there are so many cool beers to drink! So let's hope it's nearly ready, eh!

I also wanted to know how to get a forum like this one on my site, any suggestions? Thank You once again!

Rudi

Andreas
05-11-2005, 12:46 PM
Hi,

I'm sorry about this. I haven't been able to keep up with my promises (which is why the guestbook has been ad-free for a year soon...). I'm affraid I can't tell you when it will be ready... :(

Regarding the forum, you should check out www.vbulletin.com. The price is about $85 pr year if you "rent" it or you can purchase it for about $160 I think. Two good alternatives are InvisionBoard (http://www.invisionboard.com/) and PHPBB (http://www.phpbb.com/ - free).

Rudi
05-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Thank You Andreas for your reply...

Even though you've 'broken your promise' I still want to commend you for a good job well done! I really love the guestbook facility you offer, it's banner-free and money-free! In all honesty I probably wouldn't have one if it weren't for ultraguest.com (I'm no fan of banner ads of any type!)

So THANK YOU and don't be so hard on yourself... go grab a beer you deserve it! I'll just keep checking the guestbook for new entries myself, it won't kill me! will it?

Rudi :D

Oh yes, thanks for the for forum info too!